The reverse cowgirl told me about this 5 line site, saying “thought this might vaguely entertain you.”
The challenge, make a self portrait in 5 lines. Before studying the rules (380 x 380, what constitutes a line) I started doodling in the empty spaces left in a recently filled note book.
These were my first two tries, the second obviously an elaboration on the first. Then I tried to recall an old icon doodle and did that without counting the lines.
Then I tried to get that effect with 5 lines.
Switched to my gold pen.
OK, that’s enough of that.
Put the eyes back in. That one has attitude.
Then I filled up this page:
- This was already there from before, a headless torso.
- Another kokopelli mouth guy.
- Tried to incorporate an old chess-piece keyhole madonna motif and came up with a demented Homer Simpson.
- Tried it again. What is that? A fish?
- Too pumpkin-y, but the hair gives me ideas later.
- Weird idea. Totally doesn’t look like me.
- Idea about doing a bust, first try.
- The hair idea, but the face goes robotic with only one line to work with. Idea of being profligate with the lines.
- Face looks like a dollar sign.
- Best try.
- Could use in a cartoon.
- The old 2-face trick.
New blogchalking icon?