JupiterMedia is putting on a conference called Weblog Business Strategies Conference & Expo 2003, “The Premier Business Event for Blogs” in Boston on June 9 and 10. Dave Winer is giving the keynote address. David Weinberger will also be giving a keynote, along with Jason Shellen from Blogger/Pyra/Google, and Tony Perkins from AlwaysOn:
This two-day conference will discuss the evolution of blogs from a mere “log” of favorite URLs from the late ’80s and ’90s to a platform that the business world is taking seriously…. will present trends and analyses, expert opinions, case studies, and “how to” sessions that will help medium to large enterprises add Weblogs into their business strategies.
Topics to be covered include
- The New Communication Channel of Blogging
- Business Blogs – Hype or Opportunity?
- The Success of Knowledge Blogs
- The Revenue Opportunities of Blogs
- A Blog Tutorial – Everything You Need to Start Your Own
- The Trend Lines of Blogs: What’s Next?
I’d love to be there. We’ll see. I’ve already got New Orleans at the end of this month (JazzFest), Greece in May or June, and Gnomedex in July.