Dave Pollard updates his findings on what blog readers want to see more of what blog writers would like to get back in return.
For example, he has learned that blog readers want to see more
- original research, surveys etc.
- original, well-crafted fiction
- great finds: resources, blogs, essays, artistic works
- news not found anywhere else
- category killers: aggregators that capture the best of many blogs/feeds, so they need not be read individually
- clever, concise political opinion (most readers prefer these consistent with their own views)
- benchmarks, quantitative analysis
- personal stories, experiences, lessons learned
- first-hand accounts
- …and more….
Check out Dave’s blog for the full lists.