My blogdaughter, Frances, sent me a blog meme that sounds like fun: Yahoo! 360 – Good Bloggin’ West – Five Weird Habits of Highly Effective People…
OK, so here are five of my weird habits:
- When someone’s voice or way of talking sounds funny to me I, almost involuntarily, imitate them under my breath.
- Sometimes, when I get up in the middle of the night to heed the call of nature, I check my email with my glasses off.
- When I’m home alone I put loud music on and dance around like a fool.
- When I hear certain words (examples: ruby grapefruit, Rio music player) my mind dredges up the most nearly related song it can find (Ruby Tuesday, Rio) and then I hear that song in my head for the rest of the day – often with fake lyrics I made up along time ago that somehow overwrote the real words in my memory.
- Even though I’m agnostic I pray nearly every day because if nothing else I need the practice in asking for help and recognizing that I don’t have all the answers.