Summarizing from How To Measure A Blogger’s Popularity And Reach: The Big Jump – Robin Good’ Sharewood Tidings:
- Check her Technorati standing.
- [F]ind out (not always possible, but you can also ask directly) how many subscribers the online publication has.
- Check whether the person makes her traffic statistics publicly viewable.
- Do some basic Google searches and see whether an official bio/profie exist for this person.
- Check the number of search results found for the name of that person when searched for within quotes.
- If the person has a web site check the site popularity by using the excellent toolkit from Marketleap.
- Check how popular are the issues and topics discussions she gets involved in.
- Check whether the person has been covered by local news media in her country.
- Check whether the person has been covered by international news media outside of his native country and identify specific sources and mentions received over time.