Eudora is dead to me

· long story short

Well, the outgoing mail sending problem seems to be located in my client software, Eudora. By process of elimination, I’ve ruled out the DSL connection, the various mail servers, and so on.
This seems to be the final push I need to abandon Eudora, since it appears to be a bug in the software or its settings. I’ve reinstalled the latest version and it’s still not working. In fact, now instead of offering one of several different errors every time I try to send, it simply goes through the process and completes it without sending and without reporting any problems.
Unacceptable!
I downloaded Thunderbird and I’m learning it now. It sends my mail just fine. It did crash when I tried to import my Eudora mail store, which might have something to do with it being ginormous. So the transition may be rocky for a while. I’ve got hundreds if not thousands of email messages over in Eudora that I still plan to reply to eventually, and right now I’m manually copying over the replies from yesterday that got stalled out.
At least I am free to communicate again. For a net.junkie like myself, losing smtp access is like losing a limb.