Over at Raster.org, I saw a tag, “this website kills fascists” and it reminded me of how Levi Asher put “this website kills fascists on one of his early sites, possibly Queensboro Ballads. So I did a little simple memetracking at Google. A basic search on “kills fascists” yielded a page full of links to the original Woody Guthrie reference (the sticker, I think it was, that read “this machine kills fascists” that he had stuck on his guitar).
So then I did a search to skip the machine results (+this “kills fascists” -machine). That brought up a lot of results related to a site called This Pirate Kills Fascists and to the phrase “this computer kills fascists.” A search to skip those (+this “kills fascists” -machine -computer -pirate”) came up with a more varied set of results, including:
- This album kills fascists (Billy Bragg)
- This sneetch kills fascists (Dr. Seuss)
- your musical engine kills fascists
- This blog kills fascists (saladwithsteve)
- To paraphrase Woody Guthrie, this website kills fascists (Auntie)
- This website kills fascists (Dancing about Architecture)
- Did I forget to mention Woody Guthrie? This website kills fascists (Queensboro Ballads)
- This site kills fascists (RasterWeb)
- This guitar kills fascists (Rhino)
Other things that kills fascists: this radio, this poem, this mix tape, this music, I also heard she, this amp, this comic, this CD, this grin, this sound, you don’t care about the whereabouts of a gun, as long as it, this Canuck.